Day Walking Kit
- Rucksack (around 35 litres with a plastic liner bag)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Walking boots and socks (including spare socks) – see additional advice below.
- Thermal base layer (synthetic fibres rather than cotton)
- Fleece mid layer
- Walking trousers
- Hat and gloves
- Lunch and drink
- Small torch – just in case
- Spare food – just an extra snack bar or something in case we are delayed
- Spare warm layer
- Sunglasses and sun cream
- Compass (If you want to learn about navigation)
- Maps of area we are visiting (1:25,000 ordnance survey again only if you want to learn about navigation)
- Watch (with stopwatch facility for navigation courses)
- Personal first aid and medication
- Money for a pub stop at the end of the day!
- Trekking poles – optional
Extras for 3 Peaks Challenge
- Extra clothes to wear when travelling – it helps to be dry and comfortable in the vehicles
- Smaller rucksack, 20 litres is fine. Your spare stuff stays in the vehicle in your bigger one while you are on the mountain.
Extra Kit for Expeditions
- Sleeping bag
- Insulating mat
- Food for the duration of the trip
- Stove, pans and fuel
- Spare clothing and socks
- Water container
- Toilet paper (we’ll bring a trowel and lighter for safe disposal!)
Some of these items can probably be shared – we’ll talk about this before we set off.